Friday, August 10, 2012

James Baker slams neocons, praises realists

Former Secretary of State James Baker told Foreign Policy’s Josh Rogin on Thursday that Republican realists have outperformed George W. Bush’s neoconservatives when it comes to national security, which is an interesting revelation in light of the fact Mitt Romney has surrounded himself with a hawkish foreign policy team. Baker elaborates:

I know where I am; I think I know where Henry Kissinger and George Shultz are. I think we were all pretty darn successful secretaries of state. I also know something else: I know the American people are tired of paying the cost, in blood and treasure, of these wars that we get into that sometimes do not represent a direct national security threat to the United States.

No comments:

opinions powered by SendLove.to