Wednesday, May 18, 2011

Neocon Ben Stein Steps to the Plate to Defend Dominique Strauss-Kahn

Stein's defense of Kahn seems to be that the maid might be a loony. It seems Stein has had all kinds of troubles with hotel maids. He writes:

People accuse other people of crimes all of the time. What do we know about the complainant besides that she is a hotel maid? I love and admire hotel maids. They have incredibly hard jobs and they do them uncomplainingly. I am sure she is a fine woman. On the other hand, I have had hotel maids that were complete lunatics, stealing airline tickets from me, stealing money from me, throwing away important papers, stealing medications from me. How do we know that this woman's word was good enough to put Mr. Strauss-Kahn straight into a horrific jail? Putting a man in Riker's is serious business. Maybe more than a few minutes of investigation is merited before it's done.

Where the hell is Stein staying? I think there is more of a chance to come acroos one of Tyler Cowen's unlikely hotels where the hotel web sites don't include numbers to the hotels.

No comments:

opinions powered by SendLove.to