Friday, June 01, 2012

Neocon Marco Rubio Says American People Should Prepare for War with Iran

Sen. Marco Rubio, R- Fla., predicted Thursday that nuclear talks with Iran ultimately will fail and said he would sanction a military strike before tolerating a nuclear Iran, warning that the United States should begin to prepare the country for that situation.

“This is nothing but a stall tactic and I wish I was wrong, to the depths of my heart I wish that I was wrong,” Rubio said of the talks during an appearance at the Council on Foreign Relations in New York City. “You would have to be blind not to see what’s happening here. This is nothing but a delay tactic and a stall tactic, and they now openly brag about their ability to move the red lines.”

“Sadly, I believe everything else probably will fail, certainly the negotiation component,” Rubio said. “Then we have to ask ourselves are we prepared to live with a nuclear Iran and what that means for the region and for the world. And I think, universally, not just in the United States but almost any society in the world the answer to that question is ‘no.’ Then at that point there’s only one country in the world that can do anything about it, and that’s us.”

No comments:

opinions powered by SendLove.to