Wednesday, April 08, 2015

RAND HITS BACK AT ‘JUVENILE’ ‘NEOCON COMMUNITY’ CRITICS

Senator Rand Paul (R-KY) shot back at his “juvenile” critics who he said were members of the “neocon community” during an interview broadcast on Tuesday’s “Hannity” on the Fox News Channel.
Rand responded to an attack ad that played a clip of him saying Iran wasn’t a threat to the US’ national security by stating, “things do change over time. Also, I wasn’t campaigning for myself, I was campaigning to help my father at the time. But I would say that almost every element of the ad’s a lie. I mean, they say I’m helping the president. I’m actually one who has said to the president that this deal, when it becomes final, has to be finalized by Congress, and I said I’ve done that to actually strengthen the president’s hand. But I do want him negotiating from a position of strength,” which he said Obama isn’t, and expressed his concern over Iran’s “lack of sincerity” due to their rhetoric, sponsorship of terrorism, and threatening of Israel, and his belief they should never be trusted with a nuke.
He continued, “I have no idea really who these people are [behind the ad]. But I think that they’re–I would say they’re part of the neocon community. The neoconservatives sort of believe, these are the same people who wanted to give arms to Gaddafi, and then the next years, wanted to topple Gaddafi. They’ve been on both sides of every war, they only thing consistent about their message is, ‘we should always be at war.'”

No comments:

opinions powered by SendLove.to