Tuesday, May 17, 2011

A Strange Comfort for a Former Neo-con

My awakening took place in 2007 when this "odd little man" was first brought to my attention by a friend on the internet. From then on I have been sold out to Liberty, much to the chagrin of many of my neo-con family and 'left leaning' friends. They no longer know what to make of me. And I find this strangely consoling. The false Left-Right divide has the same problem trying to figure out Ron Paul - the man who I first described as strange!

It strikes me as odd that when RP is discussed in neo-con haunts - places like the 912 project, fox news blogs and redstate - his Liberty positions in economics are praised, while his foreign policy is described as anything from too simplistic to foolish and dangerous. Yet at the very same time, one can go to the Huffington Post, or some forum run by MSNBC, and find people giving a polite nod to RP's Liberty stance on foreign policy, while decrying Liberty in its domestic forms, describing them as anything from too simplistic to foolish and cruel.

There is only one conclusion I can draw from this duplicity: Perhaps it is Ron Paul who is sane, and all his critics who are mad, in various ways.

No comments:

opinions powered by SendLove.to